Wednesday, December 11, 2013

America! Home Sweet Home!


As of November 18, I am back in the country I love ... permanently!

The Army has moved me to Fort Carson located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, one of the most beautiful cities in which I have lived. I feel SO BLESSED to have had the opportunity God gave me to care for Wounded Warriors the past 3 years in Germany - it was an experience that has truly changed me, strengthened my heart and my character, tested and changed me, and given me some of the most wonderful friendships that I have ever known. But I am SO THRILLED to begin a new adventure here in Colorado Springs.




I went through many changes towards the end of my time in Germany - one being a very emotional break-up. I came across this quote on a friend's Facebook page. 


My prayer has been this ever since, "LORD, if it is your will grant me strength to trust, courage to hope, & grace to smile through it all." I feel confident that God's hand is guiding me and directing me towards the plan he has laid out for me. At the time I had so many questions and I struggled to find balance and understanding. I am happy to say, through Christ alone, I am coming to a place of contentment and strength again. 

One of the greatest blessings I have experienced here in Colorado is the support of family and friends! I am so happy to be living with my sister, Liz, and having her to help me get settled in my new environment. She has done so much for me with so much patience and generosity, I am overwhelmed by her graciousness. I am also encouraged by having a chance to renew my friendship with my dear friend, Kayla, and her family. It is a blessing to know that time or distance can never separate hearts that are united as ours are. I have also been given the gift of meeting new friends at church who have opened their hearts to me as well and accepted me as family without any hesitation. 


My passion for CrossFit has had the opportunity to continue here in Colorado Springs - the crew at CrossFit 719 has welcomed me and definitely made my transition easier. I can never replace the amazing family I have at Landstuhl CrossFit, but I am thankful for the new friendships I am building today. 


Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." I know that God has brought me to this place in this time for a very special purpose ... I'm so excited to see the plans he has for me come to be!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment